updated: November 2020
Dear Parent / Guardian
Broughton High School staff continue to make a major effort to improve the quality of information to parents and pupils. We feel it is important you have details about school expectations and key aspects of school life.
In the past you have received booklets and information sheets designed for both pupils and parent, including those listed below and which are available for download by clicking on the title.
- Additional Support for Learning – In on the Act information for parents
- Attend to Achieve
- Attendance: Requests for Term-time Holidays
- Behaviour Policy - 2016
- Child Planning
- Cluster Anti Bullying and Equalities Policy
- CEC for BHS Procedure_AntiBullying_Prejudice
- Complaints Procedure
- Educational Excursions Policy & Guidelines
- Expectations and Standards
- First Aid
- Guidelines on Photographing and Videoing
- Included, Engaged & Involved in Edinburgh
- Internet Safety
- Parental Responsibilities - Medical Information. You can download a Non-Prescribed medication form here, or a form for short term prescribed medication here.
- Recruitment and Selection Procedure: Teaching Staff
- Recruitment Manager guide
- Rules and Procedures
- School Attendance Guide
- School Attendance Policy
- School Improvement Plan: Abbreviated
- School Timetable
- Support for Learning Policy - January 2016 coming soon
- Unacceptable Actions and Behaviour Policy - also read the following information here
In emergency situations/school closures text messaging will be used to update parents. For this reason it is very important that we have your most up to date mobile ‘phone numbers so we can contact you. Please let the school office know straight away if you change your number.
As we continue to try to improve our communications with you, it would be helpful to have an email contact for you. Please note this will not be used for emergency closures, at this time.
John J Wilson