Broughton High School
Inclusion Integrity Respect
Additional Support for Home Learning
We continue to support our young people online.
The Support for Learning Team
Here are links to online resources you may find useful:
Link to a range of Literacy, Numeracy and Health & Wellbeing resources
- Did you know that Dyslexia Scotland is Scotland's national charity for children and adults with dyslexia and those who support them? They have produced a leaflet with some information for parents. You can also visit their website: https://www.dyslexiascotland.org.uk/
- A webinar for parents to support dyslexia during school closures https://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/events/free-webinar-for-parents-thistuesday-how-to-support-your-dyslexic-child-during-school-closures
- Apps for Learners with Dyslexia/ Reading and Writing Difficulties
- https://www.doorwayonline.org.uk/activities/speller/ This website has a series of spelling interventions
Audible is an excellent resource if your child finds it helpful to listen to stories rather than reading for the daily activity. A lot of the stories are free whilst schools are closed due to Covid-19.
Barrington Stoke have produced a booklet for parents and carers at home to help dyslexic children learn. You can find it here: https://www.barringtonstoke.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/BS-Home-Help-pack_FINAL.pdf
Please see the links below for information, advice and guidance.
- Supporting Children with ASN during Covid Isolation
Health & Wellbeing
Support for curriculum subjects
BBC Bitesize has a whole host of subject resources for those studying second level (Some S1 & S2 students) third and fourth level work (most S1-S3 pupils) and those studying National 4, National 5 and Higher (S4-S6 pupils) They have notes on topics, revision aids, clips to watch and quiz questions to check your learning.
- Second level https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/zr48q6f
- Third level https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/zy4qn39
- Fourth level https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/zvk2fg8
Twinkl is a website with resources for all BGE pupils (that is P1 up to S3). you can sign up here for some free resources www.twinkl.co.uk
- Second level -https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resources/curriculum-for-excellence/curriculum-for-excellence-second
- Third level- https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resources/curriculum-for-excellence/secondary-scotland-cfe/curriculum-for-excellence-third
- Fourth level -https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resources/curriculum-for-excellence/secondary-scotland-cfe/curriculum-for-excellence-fourth
Oak Academy is an education-based site offering lessons covering a variety of topics within the English curriculum. Dipping into some lessons may be helpful for our students.
English as an Additional Language – EAL
- Home learning ideas for EAL learners and families
- EAL Journal.org – with links to lots of resources for teachers and pupils